Watching your teenage daughter struggle with low self-stem is heartbreaking!
You know how amazing she is and, just how much the Lord loves her.
If she could only understand how much she is loved and adored, her low self-stem would not be a struggle for her.
If only, we could make our daughters see themselves through our eye's. Unfortunately, that is not possible but, there are a lot of other things we can do to help build their confidence.
Some simple idea's for you to help boost your daughters self-esteem, and to help her understand how much she is loved by her King are listed below.
These are just a few things you can start doing today to help your teenage daughter.
I pray that one of them will pierce her heart with the deep love and understanding that she is truly a princess of the most high King.
- Copy bible verses onto sticky notes and leave them on the bathroom mirror for her to see everyday.
- Leave a sticky note on her pillow at night with a bible verses or words of love from you, for her to find before she goes to sleep. This will help her to go to sleep with good thoughts.
- Get a journal for your daughter to write her thoughts in. To write personal notes to Jesus about her feelings, prayer requests and answers, as well as what the Lord is speaking to her about.
- Keep a two way conversation at the dinner table. Let your daughter know that what she has to say is valuable to you.
- Teach her how to think, not what to think. For example, ask how she would handle certain situations, or compare and contrast a situation to biblical story. Make sure you don't pass judgement on her opinions, and be loving to her responses, even if you don't agree with them. Simply teach her what the bible says, then pray in your own prayer closet if you know her thoughts don't line up with God's word. Pray for Him to reveal the truth to her. It will be so much more powerful then trying to drill it in her head yourself.
- Teach your daughter to decern negative inner voices, and give her bible verses to fight back against negative thoughts. This is where open communication is key. Talk to your daughter, ask her questions, and keep your ears open to clue words she might be saying.
- Encourage your daughter to volunteer. She will begin to see what she does makes a difference and help to build her confidence and a sense of self worth.
- Set a good example of what it means to have a good self-esteem. No more saying you need to lose weight, and stop counting your fine lines mom! At least, not in font of your daughter. :)
- Start bible art journaling with your daughter. Make it a mom and daughter time. You two can spend quality time together in the act of worshiping the Lord through art. You will be surprised what kind of great conversations could come out of that activity.
- Above all, pray blessings over your daughter daily. Remember, nothing changes without prayer and, your prayers are powerful!
Bible's for Tween & Teen Girls
Girls Bible Journaling Supplies
The Struggle is Real
This is such a huge battle for teen and tween girls.
But, by spending time in God's word and doing some simple action steps listed above paired with the prayer's of a praying mother, your daughter can win this war!
If you like this post, please pin it!
Just click the button to pin it